Bridgetown Farmhouse

Coffee County, GA

IMG_5214 ed

Holy Family Catholic Church

This church was constructed in Willacoochee about 1870 for Irish Catholics brought from New York to build the railroad. An early Priest, James Carroll, who served the church around the turn of the century, described the structure as “a sort of frame building consisting of 2×4 uprights, weathered boarding and a shingle roof.” The structure was dismantled and moved about 1913 to its present location about 7 miles northeast of Willacoochee. (Online History)

IMG_5197 ed 2