J.T. Roberts House

Built in 1845, this house is considered the oldest house in Valdosta (it actually pre-dates Valdosta). It was heavily damaged by fire in 2011. Prior to the fire, and after, it was restored by the Valdosta Heritage Foundation. It was originally built by William E. Wisenbaker who donated the land that formed Valdosta. It was later owned by J.W. Wells (and is located on Wells Street) and later John Taylor Roberts, both of whom served as Mayor of Valdosta.

IMG_5497 ed

Advertisements